Support Birds in Backyards
As a registered charity with deductible gift recipient status, the activities of BirdLife Australia are funded primarily by tax deductible donations from individuals and organisations right across Australia.
Our funding partnerships are vital - they enable us to conduct the vital bird research and conservation work that we are known and respected for, then share the information gained with all manner of interested people.
The continued success of our Birds in Backyards Program, which focuses on education and community engagement, depends upon the support we receive from organisations and individuals like you!
And there's never been a more crucial time to lend a helping hand to our backyard birds and the people who enjoy them. All donations are tax-deductible. We can't thank you enough for your support.
Click here to donate to the Birds in Backyards Program by selecting it from the drop-down list.
Of course there are other ways to help Birds in Backyards and the birds that live where you live aside from monetary contributions:
- Create a bird-friendly garden
- Monitor the birds that use your garden or specific local areas and enter the results into a Birds in Backyards survey
- Set up a Birds in Backyards Local Group
- Work with your Local Council
- Talk to your friends, family and neighbours about the birds and how to provide for them
Don't forget to also join BirdLife Australia to ensure that birdsong continues to be heard in our unique and varied landscapes for generations to come
- Bird Finder
- About Birds
- Featured Bird Groups
- Bird Anatomy: How do birds fly?
- Birds as Learning Tools
- Birds as Indicators of Sustainability
- Conservation and Status of birds
- Natural Habitats of Birds
- The Urban Landscape
- Powerful Owl NestCam
- Birdy Blogs
- Poetry Competition Winners
- Watching Birds
- Your Space
- Creating Places
- Survey Instructions
- About our Surveys
- Backyard Bird
- The Powerful Owl Project
- Noisy Miner survey - Sydney
- Past Survey Results
- Noisy Miner survey results - Sydney
- Plant and garden
- Plant and garden links
- Plant and garden books
- Environment and conservation
- Urban planning
- Birds in Backyards