Lake Broadwater

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
alcatraz
alcatraz's picture
Lake Broadwater

Have just returned from a caravan trip to Bowra Wildlife Sanctuary near Cunnamulla, Queensland and many places inbetween. The first stop was Lake Broadwater near Dalby. Highlight here was was spotting a Nankeen Kestrel. Others included Red-winged parrot, Scaly-breasted lorikeet, Galah, Quarrion and Grey-crowned Babbler.

Devster
Devster's picture

Beautify shots alcatraz. Looks like the weather was just aweful for you. lol. Love the Kestrel & Red-winged parrot

alcatraz
alcatraz's picture

Devster wrote:

Beautify shots alcatraz. Looks like the weather was just aweful for you. lol. Love the Kestrel & Red-winged parrot

Thanks Devo. Three weeks of perfect weather great for the high-in-tree shots .... not good for the farmers tho. 

laza
laza's picture

Great set Al

Love those red winged Parrot shots, definately a bird I would love to add to my list 

Dont take life too seriously, it never ends well

alcatraz
alcatraz's picture

laza wrote:

Great set Al

Love those red winged Parrot shots, definately a bird I would love to add to my list 

Thanks mate. This is a female so is not as spectacular as the male. Have some male pics coming from later in the trip. Cheers.

laza
laza's picture

Look forward to seeing them mate 

Dont take life too seriously, it never ends well

WhistlingDuck

Wonderful photos, you must be really happy with all of those  - i really like the Scaly-breasted lorikeet shots. The brilliant blue skies of the background in those shots really make them something special.

alcatraz
alcatraz's picture

WhistlingDuck wrote:

Wonderful photos, you must be really happy with all of those  - i really like the Scaly-breasted lorikeet shots. The brilliant blue skies of the background in those shots really make them something special.

Thanks WD. We were away for three weeks in south western Qld and NW NSW and the weather was amazing for shots of birds in trees, but not so good for farmers with the area being in drought for some time. Still, we helped by spending money on food and caravan parks in local communities. I am happy with the shots ... but as you know you always think you can do better. My fav shots are the Scaly breasted hanging by one foot and the Nankeen Kestrel looking so regal. Cheers, Murray.

Subscribe to me on YouTube