Silvergull

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
teganb02
teganb02's picture
Silvergull

I love Silvergulls they are so pretty (well to me anyway!) and they usually allow you to approach close so they are good subjects too.   :) enjoy 

AussieAl
AussieAl's picture

It's nice to get the occasional visitor.

AussieAl

AussieAl
AussieAl's picture

Eastern Spinebill checking out a juicy Magnolia.

AussieAl

teganb02
teganb02's picture

Nice, I like the Kookaburra! Anybody is welcome to post any close ups of birds!

Tegan - Melbourne Vic.

WhistlingDuck

NIce photos ... i agree the gulls are quite beautiful. They keep their whites sparkling clean too.

Reflex
Reflex's picture

I spent a couple of hours at Sandgate Beach this week taking some photographs of Gulls just hanging in the breeze.

I often see birds standing on the one leg assuming they are just resting the other leg, that's not always true..I have regularly noticed seabirds with a missing leg.

Floating in the sea has all sorts of predators waiting to grab you. 

Samford Valley Qld.

teganb02
teganb02's picture

Poor thing! EVERY BODY IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO POST MORE PHOTOS, BUT PLEASE MAKE THEM GULLS! I love these birds, they don't have to be silver gulls!!

Tegan - Melbourne Vic.

TheBirdLover
TheBirdLover's picture

Nice gull photos, Tegan and Reflex! I agree with you Tegan that Silvergulls (or any gulls for a matter of fact) are quite tame and pretty cute. I need to pass by the beach sometime to get a few shots of some sea gulls ( and a spend a little time relaxing!)

M.M.

AussieAl
AussieAl's picture

Sorry about my 'non-gull' photos. 

I meant to start a new topic, still a novice.

Al.

AussieAl

AussieAl
AussieAl's picture

P.S.  How do I edit/delete my posts?  

Al.

AussieAl

teganb02
teganb02's picture

Hi Al, at the bottom of your post there is a button that says 'edit' just click on that

Tegan - Melbourne Vic.

pacman
pacman's picture

teganb02 wrote:

EVERY BODY IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO POST MORE PHOTOS, BUT PLEASE MAKE THEM GULLS!

Tegan - I suggest that you google internet etiquette and you will find that the use of all caps is deemed to be shouting and is offensive

Peter

teganb02
teganb02's picture

Pacman wrote: 

teganb02 wrote: 

EVERY BODY IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO POST MORE PHOTOS, BUT PLEASE MAKE THEM GULLS!

Tegan - I suggest that you google internet etiquette and you will find that the use of all caps is deemed to be shouting and is offensive.

Um no I wasn't shouting I just used caps to make sure that everybody could see it fine. And I don't see how offering people to post gull photos is offensive in anyway. And I often see use of caps on this site anyways 

Tegan - Melbourne Vic.

WhistlingDuck

Thats the way I took it Tegan - just used for visibility and not directed at anyone

Thanks for the thread - i have a couple of gull pics here to add

teganb02
teganb02's picture

Thank you WD at least some people understand that I wasn't directing at anybody and it wast rude in anyway. Really lovely photos BTW I absolutely adore the last one! Is it a Pacific or Kelp gull?

Tegan - Melbourne Vic.

Snail
Snail's picture

Reflex wrote:

I spent a couple of hours at Sandgate Beach this week taking some photographs of Gulls just hanging in the breeze.

I often see birds standing on the one leg assuming they are just resting the other leg, that's not always true..I have regularly noticed seabirds with a missing leg.

Floating in the sea has all sorts of predators waiting to grab you. 

I learned in a biology lecture recently that birds tuck 1 leg up to help regulate body temperature. This is also the reason they often tuck their beak under their wing. As for the 1 legged gulls, i suspect that a few of them are victims of discarded fishing line.. 

Great photo BTW..

LM

Snail
Snail's picture

Imm. Black-headed Gull, taken in St. James Park, London

LM

WhistlingDuck

teganb02 wrote:

Is it a Pacific or Kelp gull?

Thanks Tegan .... it is a kelp gull

pacman
pacman's picture

teganb02 wrote:

Pacman wrote: 

teganb02 wrote: 

EVERY BODY IS MORE THAN WELCOME TO POST MORE PHOTOS, BUT PLEASE MAKE THEM GULLS!

Tegan - I suggest that you google internet etiquette and you will find that the use of all caps is deemed to be shouting and is offensive.

Um no I wasn't shouting I just used caps to make sure that everybody could see it fine. And I don't see how offering people to post gull photos is offensive in anyway. And I often see use of caps on this site anyways

Tegan please read my statement - I clearly said that the use of caps is deemed to be shouting and is offensive - I did not say that asking others to post pics of gulls or any other species is offensive.

If you often use caps that does not make it right, it just makes a repeated behaviour

Peter

teganb02
teganb02's picture

Ok look, I wasn't trying to be offensive by using caps, I was simply making sure people could see it fine. If you take offence to my post then sorry. I don't want to fight with you, let's just let it go :)

Tegan - Melbourne Vic.

 and @UrbanBirdsOz  @birdsinbackyards
                 Subscribe to me on YouTube