Canon 7D mark ii and 100-400 mark ii

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
rawshorty
rawshorty's picture
Canon 7D mark ii and 100-400 mark ii

Not being overly impressed with my new lens on either the 1Diii or the 7D i bit the bullet and got the 7Dii. I have to say i am now impressed with my new setup.

Here is a sequence of shots of a Sharpie coming at me and landing in front of me.

The focus tracking is superb but the lens is still not sharp at a distance but you can see as the bird gets closer it really shines.

Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1753 by shorty, on Flickr">[/url]Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1753 by shorty, on Flickr

Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1754 by shorty, on Flickr">[/url]Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1754 by shorty, on Flickr

Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1755 by shorty, on Flickr">[/url]Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1755 by shorty, on Flickr

Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1756 by shorty, on Flickr">[/url]Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1756 by shorty, on Flickr

Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1758 by shorty, on Flickr">[/url]Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1758 by shorty, on Flickr

Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1760 by shorty, on Flickr">[/url]Sharp-tailed Sandpiper (Calidris acuminata)-1760 by shorty, on Flickr

Reflex
Reflex's picture

Great combination.Those last two frames are razor sharp! It's only a matter of time before I buy a Canon 100-400 MkII now.

Samford Valley Qld.

HelloBirdy
HelloBirdy's picture

Just wow.

Ryu
Canberra
Aiming for DSLR-quality shots with a bridge camera

Reflex
Reflex's picture

With all this rain we had a family of King Parrots rock up this afternoon and take shelter for 1/2 an hour or so on the verandah.

Quite pleased with this initial shot without flash using a 500mm F4 lens..

ISO 1600 

f/8.0

SS 1/160 sec.

I love my 7D MKII.

Samford Valley Qld.

adrian
adrian's picture

Great shots,I use the same camera very impressive.

p.burdett
p.burdett's picture

I also have the same camera/lens combo, and have been impressed since upgrading the 7D to the Mk2. I'd be interested to know what ai servo settings you for these photos. Are you using one of the "cases"...or a modification of the settings of one of them? I've also found that I get good results with using shutter priority (1/1600th-2000th sec) f5.6-6.3 with auto iso.

Cheers,

Paul

p.burdett
p.burdett's picture

ignore please

and   @birdsinbackyards
                 Subscribe to me on YouTube