Welcome to Birds in Backyards
Birds in Backyards is a research, education and conservation program focusing on the birds that live where people live. Get involved by becoming a member and taking part in our online surveys. Learn how you can create bird-friendly spaces in your garden and local community. Find out more about Australian birds and their habitats.
Our Backyard Bird and Schoolground surveys are back up and running! Check out their new look...
- Looking for the perfect Christmas gift? Check out the 2015 BirdLife Australia calendar. Just $14.95 incl postage. Order here.
- The first report from Bathing Birds is out. Download it here to see what we found out about the birds visiting bird baths right round Australia.
- Check out the comings and goings of our BowerbirdCAM. How many visitors can you see?
- If you are in a bush-fire prone area, check out our new fact sheet: Bird-friendly gardening in APZ's.
- The Powerful Owl project is looking for voluneers in Sydney and the Central Coast. Find out how to get involved.
- Check out our new videos on BIBY TV. Watch Eastern Spinebills, Superb and Variegated Fairy-wrens, Tawny Frogmouths and more...
About BirdLife Australia
BirdLife Australia is dedicated to achieving outstanding conservation results for our native birds and their habitats. With our specialised knowledge and the commitment of an Australia-wide network of members, volunteers and supporters, we are creating a bright future for Australia’s birds.
Check out our new website at birdlife.org.au.
- Bird Finder
- About Birds
- Featured Bird Groups
- Bird Anatomy: How do birds fly?
- Evolution: Feathered Dinosaurs?
- Birds as Learning Tools
- Birds as Indicators of Sustainability
- Conservation and Status of birds
- Natural Habitats of Birds
- The Urban Landscape
- Powerful Owl NestCam
- Watching Birds
- Birdy Blogs
- Your Space
- Creating Places
- Birds in Backyards
- Plant and garden
- Plant and garden links
- Plant and garden books
- Environment and conservation
- Urban planning
There are no upcoming events.