12 posts / 0 new
Last post
rawshorty
rawshorty's picture

After going through my list last week and marking some birds i had not ticked off yet i discovered i was at 349. I had a mates 50th in Nowra to attend on the weekend in Nowra and being told many years ago of 2 locations there reliable for Rockwarbler i took the opportunity to get my 350th.

I went to Bomaderry creek on Friday but dipped so Saturday morning i went to Bens walk, i only had to walk a hundred metres to find 2 birds. The light was poor under the cliff face so i set my shutter to 1/60 to keep the ISO down so most of the shots a poor due to the birds not sitting still.

This is the only keeper i got but still has some motion blur so i will have to return with better light to improve on my shots.

rockwarbler (Origma solitaria)-0598 by shorty, on Flickr">[/url]rockwarbler (Origma solitaria)-0598 by shorty, on Flickr

HelloBirdy
HelloBirdy's picture

Awesome work. 350 is quite an achievement, and I presume they have all been photographed too

Ryu
Canberra
Aiming for DSLR-quality shots with a bridge camera

Devster
Devster's picture

Well done Shorty. While not an award winning photo, but certainly not a bad photo by any means. Grats on 350. My aim is for 300 by the end of the year and I'm about 50 short.

laza
laza's picture

Congrats on the 350 Shorty and I will take your poor photo over some of my good ones anyday :)

Dont take life too seriously, it never ends well

Devster
Devster's picture

laza wrote:

Congrats on the 350 Shorty and I will take your poor photo of some of my good ones anyday :)

It seems as though the more photos you take, the better you get and the fussier you get.

I now delete photos I used to think were pretty good.

rawshorty
rawshorty's picture

Thanks all, Ryu, yes all photographed :)

Shorty......Canon gear

Canberra

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rawshorty/ 

alcatraz
alcatraz's picture

Congratulations Rawshorty! Great achievement.

WhistlingDuck

Very nice photo and well done getting to 350 - thats a fantastic landmark.

rawshorty wrote:

The light was poor under the cliff face so i set my shutter to 1/60 to keep the ISO down so most of the shots a poor due to the birds not sitting still.

They are active little birds hopping around the ground - they dont sit still !

brian63
brian63's picture

Congratulations on the 350 milestone, an absolutely outstanding acheivement. Hoping to be at 100 by years end.

Rick N
Rick N's picture

Fantastic effort Shorty and what a lovely bird for #350. Congratulations on the milestone and for all the amazing images you have contributed.

Reflex
Reflex's picture

Congratulations Shorty. Get yourself on a couple of Pelagics, especially out of Tasmania...30+ species per day.

Samford Valley Qld.

AussieAl
AussieAl's picture

If only I could take a photo half as good; Great shot, Shorty!!

AussieAl

and   @birdsinbackyards
                 Subscribe to me on YouTube